During the last two weeks before the launch of the 3rd Generation website on 31st January 2016, eight old boys and one ex-master were asked to make a daily check on the website during its build.
All major changes and additions were listed daily so our 'Beta Testers' could check functionality, navigation and compatibility with their own choice of browsers and computer system. We have decided to continue with this facility so that visitors can see what and when new additions have been made and they can use the Feedback Page to inform us of any problems, comments or suggestions.
01 Feb 2018
Spring-cleaned the Blog
30 Jan 2018
Film Archive upgraded
07 Jan 2018
Peter R Martin-Smith added to 'Old Boys' Stories' section.
29 Dec 2017
'Sir Les' Burrage retires added to the Leslie Burrage page.
28 Dec 2017
- Major overhaul and improvements to browsing and navigation on this website.
27 Dec 2017
17 Nov 2017
11 Jul 2017
11 May 2017
10 Mar 2017
- Register update - New entries and contributors.
19 Jan 2017
- Register update - Two new entries and more contributors.
03 Jan 2017
- Image Archive transferred in total from PhotoDeck to within the Wordpress Blog site www.cvths.co.uk
31 Dec 2017
17 Dec 2016
- 'Nine reels of archive footage fro the 1974 USA Trip added to the Film Archive
8 Dec 2016
- 'Gassing The School Band' and 'Flash-Bulb Bombs' added to Bike Sheds
29 Nov 2016
- Register update - Two new entries and more contributors. Gold Star awarded to Paul Evans for his very generous voluntary contribution.
18 Oct 2016
- Register update - New entries and contributors
10 Jun 2016
- Register update - New entries and contributors
09 Jun 2016
06 Jun 2016
06 May 2016
22 Apr 2016
- Register Update - New Voluntary Annual Contributions
15 Apr 2016
30 Mar 2016
- Register Updated - £1900 raised for charity in 9 days
29 Mar 2016
- 'Charity Donor' Status added to Register
- Updated Register showing 32 Donors
- New Charity page under construction and added to main menu
28 Mar 2016
01 Mar 2016
- Whole website re-uploaded to latest Adobe MUSE software update.
21 Feb 2016
17 Feb 2016
- New gallery added to 'Image Archive' - 'Vintage Adverts' featuring advertisements of interest which appeared during the years that CVTHS was operational.
16 Feb 2016
- Register updated - Peter Jenkins
- Improvement to Home page.
- Feedback now has dedicated page and menu item and no longer within Contacts page.
15 Feb 2016
- Redesign Film Archive page with all archive films present in Drop-down 'accordian' menus.
- Two reels of uncut 1969 USA Trip footage added to Film Archive.
- Fourth (final) reel of 8mm archive footage added to Film Archive covering 1972 to trip to USA
- Film Archive link added to 'School Trips' in the School History
14 Feb 2016
13 Feb 2016
- Colin Cadle's Story added to 'Old Boys' Stories'
- Register updated - Brian Housden added
11 Feb 2016
- Robert Kingsland's story added to 'Old Boys' Stories'
- Main menu basic colour changed to black.
10 Feb 2016
- Chris Beesley's story added to Old Boys' Stories
- Register updated - Chris Beesley
- Drop shadow added to drop-down menus making them clearer when drop over copy.
09 Feb 2016
08 Feb 2016
- Peter Hinton added to 'Old Boys Stories' - awaiting photographs.
- Register updated - David Harper
07 Feb 2016
- 42 scans of Athletics and school play programmes added to 'Latest Images'.
- 'Donate' button added to Voluntary Contributions allowing an amount
other than the fixed suggestions. Graphic improvements.
- Revamped 'Latest Updates' page with new graphics.
06 Feb 2016
05 Feb 2016
04 Feb 2016
- 2000 word blog post from March 2008 added to Kevin Saggers' story.
- Google rankings checked - very pleasing results within a few days of launch. If you are mentioned anywhere on the site Google 'your name' + 'Cray Valley'.
- Martin (Waxy) Walker (pending) added to 'Old Boys' Stories'.
- 'Computer linking Digitally Controlled Model Railway' - added to Rick Gillings' story.
- Graham Ashton added to 'Old Boys' Stories'
03 Feb 2016
02 Feb 2016
- 'The Marmalade' drummer Alan Whitehead added to 'Old Boys' Stories'
- Register updated.
- Sticky 'Latest Updates' button added to Home page and 'Web Updates' changed to 'Latest Updates'
- 19 new images added to 'Latest Images'
- Links from Blog top menu corrected and linked to new website.
- Michael Dunn added to the Register
- Robert (Bob) Matthews added to Teaching Staff.
- Ivan Couchman website added to Register.
31 Jan 2016
- Snapped last minute photo of CPC for home and 'About' pages.
- No copy yet for Leo Walmsley or Reg Wincott but added images to both, sound clips to Reg's page.
- Visitors Book Archive re-formatted to comply with standard throughout site. 'Top' button added.
- Final checks before uploading at 11.57.
- John Francis photo added to Archive Overview
30 Jan 2016
- Malcolm Davis story added to old Boys' Stories
- 'Go To' Buttons added where appropriate
- Improved look to footer including enhanced readability and reduced items.
- Included dates at school for 'Old Boys' Stories' within the roll-over links.
- Long run through check on major browsers with web annalist Mark Knight - minor corrections.
29 Jan 2016
- Steve Woodward's 'Tribute to Peter Woodward' added to Sound Archive.
- Remaining Archive Updates added (Total now 59)
- Register now moved to main menu.
- 'Old Boys Stories' - Layout improved and dates added.
28 Jan 2016
27 Jan 2016
26 Jan 2016
- Ken Lloyd profile added to Old Boys Today.
- Footer now contains all major links within the site all in one place on every page.
- Image Archive now opens in its own window making returning to cvths.com easier (thanks Norman).
- Image Archive page now has links to all individual galleries.
- Following suggestion by Rod Dengate I have reduced the size of the footer and removed the 'overview' links in order to slim this area down giving a larger area of viewing for the main part of the pages on tablets. Also the header has been reduced and the total screen 'real estate' gained is 15%.
- 'Updates' - the original way we communicated information has been included in total.
- Feedback Form added to 'Contacts' page - Please send a test message.
25 Jan 2016
- Extensive replanning and restructuring of the whole Sound Archive introducing new 'players' which now incorporate the whole album instead of individual track players. Problem with iPad at present as once you are into the playlist you cannot see the 'X' button which rakes you back to the player.
- Lengthy video conference with Mark Knight (expert in SEO and site planning) who helped analyse some of the browser incompatibility problems and correct them. Will be working more with him in the future.
24 Jan 2016
- Corrections to Kevin Saggers Bio and Home page (incomplete)
- Corrections submitted by Norman and addition of wooden carved shield to School Badge within History along with link to Reg Wincott interview.
- Corrections to Tony Bradley Bio.
- Completion of Home page (for time being)
- Long time spent researching and setting up improved audio players in Sound Archive. Please check Interviews. Not yet able to find exit icon on playlist for iPads and tablets/
23 Jan 2016
- Addressed several issues raised by Graham Mitchell re the presentation of the Woodward galleries. All corrected and improved. These changes have been reflected in all the other images in the Image Archive too.
- Graham was having problems with some of the Sound Archive. This has now been split into 5 separate pages to re-distribute the heavy toll on bandwidth caused by having 750Mb of sound data on one page. Please check that these are all working OK now.
- Tony Bradley's bio received this morning and is now included with link to his audio interview.
- Kevin Saggers' Bio added to Old Boys.
22 Jan 2016
- Mike Schmidt, photos scanned and added to bio.
- Style changes made in Woodward archive to accommodate 'chronological' viewing and corrections to long slim press cuttings in order to read the description clearly. Mosaic distribution of thumbnails replaced with 275 pixel squares. Image IDs added.
- Johnny Wakeham and John Willis Bio 'shells' added.
- Much work on the Image Archive (offsite on separate server)
21 Jan 2016
20 Jan 2016
- Attached captioning to 200 images from the Woodward Archive - awaiting info from Graham Mitchell to combine 4 books into one gallery.
- Maintenance work on the main Image Archive in preparation to link up from cvths.com
- The Woodward Archive now completed - please check it out.
19 Jan 2016
18 Jan 2016
16 JAN 2016
15 JAN 2016
14 JAN 2016
- Tested new cvths.com email addresses Norman, Rod and Greg
- History: Timeline now finished with year links and (temporary) to the top button (right). Please check this works in your browsers/tablets
- Wording only for 'Submitting material' now in place
- Submitting material drop-down added on Contacts Page.
- Graphics placed for Submitting Material
- Extract from Martin Carr posted on blog
13 JAN 2016
- Norman's Bio edited and photographs added.
- Sub, sub menu on Staff removed so you are 'forced' through the introduction page.
- Sam Mayo page edited - Norman
- Rick Gillings profile added to Old Boys
- Menu item 'Staff' renamed 'Teaching Staff' and menu re-ordered
- Contact page with 'accordian' drop down giving contact details, photos and links to bios.
- Sound Archive: Additional sleeve graphics etc for 1971 and 1973
- 21st Century model railway plus photos added to Rick Gillings
12 JAN 2016 -
- The Sound Archive now has all 4 CVTHS Vinyl Records online and page has been split into sections.
- Mike Smith, Darryl Ransom, Graham Spence and Ian Franks added to 'Old Boys'
- All old boys now accessed only through the list on Old Boys page rather than drop down sub menu which could get too unwieldy as names are added.
Cray Valley Technical High School - 1954 to 1975